大舅妈, 走好...

Funeral's this morning.
Was so tired after my 7.30am shift yesterday.

Went over to the wake straight after work.
Weather was so humid that I decided to go home for a quick wash up before I come back to the wake and so, Roy followed me home too.

Thinking that we're going to play Mahjong and ton for the night, we were more-cheated-than-surprised to find only 2 of my uncles chatting there, with my aunt dozing off next to them.

Despite being so freaking sleepy, I really wanted to stay awake for my aunt since we are sending-her-off in the morning. I ended up going up to my uncle's place, where all the kids are playing and yet, adults sleeping.

Roy and me squeezed into one of the single beds in the room, so comfortable and ready to sleep when my aunt comes squeezing in too, and my cousins complaining no place to sleep. Argh!
None of them dare to sleep in my aunt's room so Roy and me went over instead.

Woke up at 7+am, I went downstair to find both my grandparents just reaching in my uncle's car and waited till almost 9+ when the ritual starts.

My aunt and me share the same name, and the time that she passed away, was the time that I was bornt! Seeing her for the last time before they cover the coffin, the heartaches are inevitable.

Walked with my aunt for a short distance before we board the bus, and was wondering why the distance is so short when I was reminded when I saw my youngest cousin, who's only like 11 and walking under the hot sun in merely socks.

Finally reaching the Mandai Crematorium, "this is it", I thought.
Sending-one-off is definitely the hardest thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home